Jesus is the Light of the World: Lent Family Devotions for 3/4/2012
- Tonight we are going on a little walk before our family time
- Light a candle
- Turn off all the lights in your house
- Walk around your house with your kids and have them follow you as you hold the candle
- What was it like walking around the house with just a candle?
- What would have happened if we didn’t have the candle?
- Tonight we are going to learn about another statement that Jesus said about himself and it has something to do with this candle
- Read John 8:12
- “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- How is Jesus the light of the world?
- Do you remember a story in the Old Testament about how God made a pillar of fire to show the Israelites where to go in the desert?
- In the same way Jesus shows us how we can live like him
- What is one thing Jesus gives us as a guidebook to show us how to live like him? (the Bible)
- How does the Bible show us how to live?
- Without the Bible and without Jesus we wouldn’t know how to live our lives
- Application question: What is one way that you can live like Jesus this week?
- Daily application question at dinner: How did you live like Jesus today?
- What do you think our symbol is today?
- Now whenever you see this candle you can remember that Jesus shows us we can live like him
- Color in the candle and then we will put the square on our cubes
Here is the design for the cube that can be printed on card stock and cut out.
Here are the symbol cut outs for each week.