I Am the Bread of Life: Lent Family Devotions for 2/26/2012
*Bonus points if you bake bread and eat it together as you discuss this lesson.
- How often do we eat bread?
- Why is eating bread important for our health?
- Do you remember the story in the Bible where Jesus made a lot of bread? What happened?
- A day later Jesus was talking to some of the same people and said something really interesting. He said, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty” (John 6:35).
- Why do you think Jesus said he was the bread of life?
- Is Jesus really bread? What is he saying?
- Just like we need bread and food each day to stay alive, we also need Jesus and a relationship with him
- We were created for a relationship with Jesus
- How is Jesus everything that we need?
- Application question: What is one thing you can do each day to get to know Jesus better?
- Each week we are going to color a symbol that represents what we talked about
- What do you think our symbol is today?
- Now whenever you see this loaf of bread you can remember that a relationship with Jesus is what we really need in life
- Color in the loaf of bread and then I will show you what we are going to do next
- Now we are going to made a cube to put the bread on. Each week we will get a new symbol for the cube.
Here is the design for the cube that can be printed on card stock and cut out.
Here are the symbol cut outs for each week.
We are putting our cubes on the dinner table so we can ask our kids the application question each night at dinner.