Two Girls and Happiness
Want to be happy? Have two daughters. Recents studies out of Britain show that families with two daughters tend to be the happiest. Those with four girls are less likely to be happy. Sounds like a highly scientific study! You can read more about the findings here.
They include a list of the benefits of having two girls, so I thought I would come up with my own. I’ll warn you, I realize that I’v made massive generalizations based on our limited experience with two girls.
- Clean floors – girls don’t track in mud and dirt
- No random gross stuff in pockets
- Lots of leftovers after dinner – our girls don’t eat much
- Cleaner toilet seats
- Conversation is easy
- Daddy gets to be the hero – there are always bugs to be killed
- Less trips to the ER – major injuries in our house are scratches that don’t even draw blood
- Why pay for cable when you can have dramatic performances in costume for free?
- Verbal arguments are easier to calm than fist fights
- I get to learn how to dress Barbies